When your pug wants to give you kisses but you don’t want them because they have doggy breath, it is time to do something about it. Bad doggy breath can mean your pug has some dental hygiene problems and should go to the vet for a check up. But when they have good teeth, they may just need to freshen up their breath. These Fresh Breath Dog Treats are just the answer.
These Fresh Breath Dog Treats are super easy to make with just 2 ingredients. They are made with coconut oil and fresh parsley. So easy!
Coconut oil is a fantastic supplement for a healthy coat helping to make it shiny and soft. But it is also great for helping with bad breath because of its anti-bacterial properties. Combining it with parsley makes perfect sense. Parsley is great for bad breath but has some added benefits of chlorophyll, vitamins K, A & C as well as iron. Parsley is a great addition to these treats that will not only freshen your pug’s breath, but provided so many additional health benefits.
Grab the recipe below:
- Some fun silicone moulds
- 1 Cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley chopped
- Liquify coconut oil in its jar by placing it in hot water
- Finely chop parsley
- Mix 1 cup of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of parsley together
- Using a squeeze bottle, or spoon if preferred, pour coconut oil & parsley mixture evenly into silicone moulds
- Place in freezer until set
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for long term storage
You can pick up some great fun shaped silicone moulds for making treats on eBay or Amazon. Try one of these moulds:
- Paw Shaped Mould from eBay Australia
- Paw & Bone Shaped Mould from Amazon US
- Bone Shaped Mould from eBay Australia