Easy Raw Birthday Donuts Recipe
Every year for my pug’s birthday or Gotcha Day, I love to make them a special dinner to celebrate their special day. I have made them Chicken & Veggie Meatloaf Surprise, Puguccinos and even some delicious Banana Pupcakes. But this year I wanted to make them a raw based dinner instead of just adding something fun to their regular raw dinner. I have an abundance of fun silicone moulds to make various treats & extras for the pugs meal including some super cute mini donut moulds. So I thought why not make the pugs some easy raw birthday donuts.
I am currently trying out some premade raw patties made by Proudi so I know what is on the market if I ever find myself unable to DIY raw feed and the Proudi patties are absolutely perfect for making these easy raw birthday donuts. Since they are already balanced, I can just feed what I would normally feed them for one meal which is one patty between them. If I was to make them without the Proudi patties, I would simply use the meat that I prepare for them as part of their regular meals.
- 200g Proudi Patty or Raw Meat of Choice
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Liquified
- Fruit, To Decorate
- 18 Well Silicone Donut Mould
- Defrost Proudi Patty in fridge overnight
- Divide the defrosted patty or fresh raw meat of choice evenly between the 18 well donut mould
- Place in freezer until meat is completely frozen
- Drizzle coconut oil over frozen meat donuts to look like icing
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes to ensure coconut oil is set
- Decorate with chosen fruit
- Store in an airtight container in freezer for up to 3 months or use by date on package
- If you are using frozen raw meat, it is safe to refreeze the meat as long as the meat has been defrosted in the fridge
- Please ensure you are practicing safe handling practices with any raw meat you handle for your pug like you would for yourself. Use gloves, wash all surfaces, utensils and hands are finishing along with washing your dogs bowls with warm soapy water
- Proudi Patties are available in Australia and are a single protein balanced raw pattie
- You can use any premade raw food or just plain raw meat
- Use any fruit you like to decorate the donuts such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, apple or any other fruit that is dog safe that your pug loves
- Recipe makes 18 mini donuts weighing approximately 11g each
- This is a meal replacement recipe for a balanced raw diet when using a Proudi pattie. Only feed the amount you would typically feed your pug and freeze the remaining unused donuts for future meals
- If using raw meat that is not a balanced raw patty, ensure you are incorporating it as part of your pugs balanced day or weekly food intake, whether you feed kibble, home cooked or a raw diet
Whether you feed a raw diet or not, these can be a great birthday meal for your pug. You could even cook the meat if you preferred, just ensure you use food grade silicone moulds. And be sure to take a photo or two of your pug enjoying their easy raw birthday donuts and share them with us on Facebook or Instagram using #thepugdiary.