DIY Pug Christmas Ornaments
With Christmas just around the corner, I wanted to create a pug themed Christmas for home but I didn’t have enough pug ornaments for the tree. So what better way to have more pug Christmas ornaments for the tree than make some. It is so easy, quick and fun to make your very own pug Christmas ornaments with this DIY Pug Christmas Ornaments tutorial.
What You Need
- Air Dry Clay
- Smooth Glass Jar
- Pug Cookie Cutters
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Baking Paper
- String or fishing line
How to Make Your DIY Pug Christmas Ornaments
- You will need a flat surface and something flat to protect that surface if you don’t want it getting dirty as you are playing with clay and paint.
- Cut off some of your air dry clay
- Place clay between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll flat using a glass jar. 3-5mm thick will mean it’s not too thin and likely to break but not too thick that it will take longer than the recommended 24 hours to dry
- Once at desired thickness, use your cookie cutters to cut out as many shapes out of the clay as possible
- As you cut each shape out, carefully remove from cutter and place on newspaper to dry
- Continue to roll out excess clay and cutting shapes out until there is no clay left
- Using a straw, gently push it into the top middle part of the clay to create a hole
- Let your clay dry for at least 24 hours to ensure it is fully dry
- Once clay is fully dry, using your chosen coloured acrylic paint, paint both sides of your ornament
- Allow each ornament to dry fully. Apply second coat as needed
- Using some string or fishing line, tie it to your ornament so it can be hung on your Christmas tree
Now you have your own unique DIY Pug Christmas Ornaments to hang on your tree or give to your pug loving friends. If you are feeling creative, you can cut out circle pieces of clay and press your pugs paw print into the clay. Add a name and date to the front or back of the paw print ornament and you have a wonderful keepsake. You can even add your pug’s name to their own pug shaped ornament to hang on the tree. Which Pug Christmas Ornaments will you be making for your tree?