Carrot Pupcakes Recipe
It is time for a new dog treat recipe for you to get into the kitchen to make for your pug. Why not make some delicious homemade carrot pupcakes. This carrot pupcakes recipe is super easy to make and perfect to make for Easter, Christmas, Birthdays or just any ol’ reason.
- 1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or water
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Mini cupcake pan
- 50g yoghurt drops
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Carob drops (optional)
- Grated carrot (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC
- In a bowl combine baking powder and honey and mix well
- Add buckwheat flour, coconut oil, coconut milk / water and egg to bowl
- Mix until well combined
- Add grated carrot and mix through
- Divide evenly into cupcake pan
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes
- Melt yoghurt drops & coconut oil over a low heat
- Carefully drizzle melted yoghurt drops over pupcakes
- Add your optional decoration to top of pupcake before yoghurt drop sets
This homemade carrot pupcakes batter will make 12-16 mini pupcakes. You can switch the buckwheat flour for 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour if you can’t source it from your local health food store. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for up to one month.
Give your pug a special treat of carrot pupcakes. Whilst these are healthy treats, they should only be fed occasionally and should never replace your pug’s dietary needs.
I would love to hear how you go making these and what your pugs think of these homemade carrot pupcakes. Leave a comment below or tag your photos on Instagram with #thepugdiary so I can see what they think.