30 Pet Days to Put in Your Calendar This Year
I decided to scour the internet for a list of pet days and I came across quite a few I have never heard of. So here is my list of pet days you won’t want to miss out on in 2015.
UPDATE: January 14th is Dress Up Your Pet Day, perfect for a bit of fun.
1. January 20th is Cheese Lovers Day which is great cause what dog doesn’t love cheese.
2. January 21st is Hugging Day so make sure you give your pug a hug.
3. January 24th is Peanut Butter Day so don’t forget to give your pug some delicious peanut butter.
4. February 14th is Pet Theft Awareness Day, not just Valentines Day.
5. February 20th is Love Your Pet Day. How will you show your pug you love them?
6. February 22nd is Walking the Dog Day so make sure to take your pug on an extra walk today.
7. February 23rd is International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day so bake or buy your pug some dog biscuits.
8. March 3rd is What if Cats & Dogs had Opposable Thumbs Day. This sounds like an interesting day. It could be used to raise awareness of cat and dog welfare.
9. March 9th is Napping Day. I think Napping Day is every day for a pug.
10. March 23rd is Puppy Day so share photos of your pug puppy or when your pug was a puppy.
11. April 11th is Pet Day so spend the day celebrating your pug.
12. April 18th is Pet Owners Independence Day. Take a day off work and send your pug in your place instead. This could be one interesting day.
13. April 23rd is Lost Dog Awareness Day. Make today the day that you check that your pug has a current ID tag and that your details are up to date at your local council incase your pug gets out.
14. April 25th is World Veterinary Day so show your pug’s vet and vet nurses some love today and let them know you appreciate their hard work.
15. May 1st is Batman Day. Share your best Batpug photo.
16. June 12th is Superman Day. Share your best Superpug photo.
17.June 26th is Take Your Dog To Work Day though we think every day should be like this.
18. July 15th is Pet Fire Safety Awareness Day so make today the day that you check that your pug is included in your home fire evacuation plan.
19. July 23rd is Hot Dog Day. Will your pug dress up as a hot dog for this?
20. August 15th is International Homeless Animals Day. Do something for your local animal shelter whether it be donate some goods, money or help out for the day.
21. August 26th is Dog Day so celebrate it with your pug in style.
22. August 28th is Bow Tie Day so why not have your pug wear a bow tie. I know they will look gorgeous in one cause what pug doesn’t?
23. September 13th is Hug Your Hound Day so give your pug a hug today.
24. September 29th is Hug a Pug Day so if you can hug more than just your pug, you should. Every pug deserves a hug.
25. October is also known as Pugtober, a whole month to celebrate pugs.
26. October 4th is World Animal Day, not just a day for your pug but for every animal.
27. October 14th is Pet Obesity Awareness Day so whilst it is good to spoil to your pug, make sure they are still in the healthy weight range.
28. October 15th is National Pug Day, a day for celebrating everything pug all around the world.
29. November 1st is Go Cook for Your Pets Day so why not bake some treats or cook up special dinner for your pug today.
30. December 30th is Bacon Day and whilst Bacon is too fatty for any dog, celebrate Bacon Day with some Bacon style treats.
Is there another pet day that I should add to the calendar that I have not listed hear? Which day are you looking forward to the most this year and plan to go all out for? Leave a comment below. We are keen to learn of new days to add to our calendar and ones that our friends like too.
***Note: Information sourced from Days of the Year website. Apologies if any information is different in your country as it is an American website. None the less, we can still celebrate each one anyway.***